.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

OK, It’s only for one night.


Click on photo to enlarge

Steinhatchee? You don't want to go there. Being on the Gulf Coast, I pictures this place as being a clean small town with white sandy beaches. At least that has been our opinion of the Gulf Coast until now. Steinhatchee is a small town alright. So much so that the motorhome took up all of the 8 foot wide lane road through town. We missed the turn for the road to the campground and had a heck of a time finding a place to turn this 55 feet of motorhome and car around. Once we did get going down the right road we found the campground but couldn't find the office. I finally spotted a couple of guys pounding out some car body parts next to an old mobile home and they pointed me to the office down a narrow road at the back of the campground. This place looked like it just went through the latest hurricane and they didn't have time to clean it up. I gave then the $25 they wanted for the night and had to unhook the car to turn the motorhome around to get to my site. Once at the site I began to hookup and noticed the sewer hookup was plugged with dirt and leaves. No problem, it's only one night. When I went to plug in I had 2 choices bad or worst. The 2 receptacles were fried and corroded. I had to get out my needle files and clean and straighten things out a bit before I could plug in. I went in and checked my plug tester and guess what? Reverse polarity. Go Figure. However, cable TV was good and the night was quiet. The water in this area was a very dark burgundy color. Why? I don't know.

Crystal River (see photo above) makes up for Steinhatchee. This place is rated WWWWW by Woodall's campground guide. That is the top rating. Although it is Very Nice, I would give it a WWWW. The weather has finally turned around. Today was beautiful and it is supposed to get better. We will relax here for 3 nights before heading into the Orlando area.

No comments:

Post a Comment