.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Thursday, June 9, 2005

To Williamsburg VA


Click on photo to enlarge

The above photo is the roads leading out of Virginia Beach on our way to Williamsburg. Yes I did drive the motorhome down there.
The drive here to Williamsburg, VA was short even with all the road construction going on. As we traveled up the interstate, I noticed a motorhome back behind me and wondered if they were going to the same campground as us. Sure enough they pulled in right behind us at the campground office. I jumped out the door and the other guy said, "Your from California." And pointed to his plates which were also California plates. After talking a while I found that they had just about followed the same route as us. We looked forward to sitting down with them and swapping stories but shortly after pulling into their site they fired up their motorhome and took off. Something about the campground didn't satisfy them. We find this campground to be quite nice.
Last night I hooked up my data cable from the computer to the phone and my software did not recognize the phone. Oh No! I fooled with the cable and found that if I hold it just right it would work. I found some pins on the phone connector had been pushed back into the connector and apparently were not making good contact. So today it was off to the Verizon store. It turns out that I had about 10 days left on my warranty so they just gave me a new phone at no charge. Sometimes life can treat you right. Then it was off to get a haircut so not too much excitement today.
I had a very difficult finding a campground at our next stop, Washington, DC. All the reviews I read for the campgrounds in the area were not favorable. I did my best, I hope, to pick the lesser of the evils and made reservations. This is for a week so I hope it is tolerable. I need to get on the ball and make reservations for Niagara Falls because that will be the 4th of July weekend. Nice place to spent the 4th if I can get a spot. It looks like most of the campgrounds are on the Ontario Canada side so I am going to see what it takes to go through Canada. It looks like leaving through Canada is also the best bet to avoid the toll roads around Niagara Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment