.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back in Arizona

After a 1 night stop over in Indio, we are now in Lake Havasu City Arizona. I knew the gas prices would be better in Arizona so I let the tank get a little lower than usual to make it to Arizona and fill up. It is about $0.40 cheaper per gallon here in AZ. I will be spending some time here cleaning and catching up on more maintenance on the motorhome. There is a lot I have wanted to get to, but just keep putting it off. I really should do it now. All our friends here at the resort were glad to see us back. All my plants have survived the 100 degree temps here. Looks like the irrigation system is working well. My neighbors tell me that my lot was rented the whole time we were gone. I thought this was a good thing until I saw the oil stains on my slab. I was told a brand new Newell did it. You would thing that a Million Dollar + coach wouldn’t leak oil. Also by the tire marks on the slab, it looks like Jimmie Johnson has been doing burnouts. The new owners of this Newell had a bit of a hard time parking it on our lot and left tire marks all over it. I bet it was an all-electric coach and they had all their air conditioners running full blast too. I am starting to think renting our lot isn’t a good thing. If I can get the oil cleaned up, I will feel better about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment