.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Frustration

I just spent the last 5 days battling with Direct TV. It all started when I lost my Local channels. They have always worked out here at the resort even though we are right on the edge of their spot beam, but the other day they went away and would only occasionally pop in and out. Being that this weekends NASCAR race was on FOX, one of our locals, I knew I needed to do something or Susan would not be happy. So I decided to switch from the locals to the West Feed out of Los Angeles. Now I have done this several times since we have been fulltiming and every time I have to explain that we LIVE in our RV and DO NOT have a permanent house and was told that because of this we don’t need a waver. After explaining this they have always switched us over. This time however was quite different. I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday and went through 5 different people. None of them could figure out how to do the switch. They all said “The Computer” said I was denied. After over an hour, 7 people and 3 different phone calls I finally got a hold of Danielle. Right away she said, “OK, no problem.” And it was done. Now later that evening I noticed we were missing some channels so I called again and got someone that was able to restore them. I also noticed that we were also receiving channels that we could not get before. Something is amiss I thought. This morning I logged on to my account on the Internet and noticed that during all the fiasco yesterday, somewhere along the line, I got changed over to a different programming package and to add the missing channels they just upgraded to the next higher package. This amounted to much more money of course. So today, it was back on the phone again. This time however, I was able to get it all straightened out with only 3 phone calls. All is well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment