.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Probably the shortest

Today was probably the shortest move we have made. We moved to the site next door. Well actually we went to the dump station during the move since we have no sewer hookup here, so it was probably about a 100 yard move. We like this spot better because there is no one out our door. We have a wide open view out our big windows.

Looks like we are not going to make it to North Carolina this year. As you may know Susan is a real BIG NASCAR fan and I told here I would take her to all the race shops in North Carolina. The weather through the middle of the country has been so bad that we have been sitting put waiting for it to clear. Since we agreed to Camp Host October through December this year instead of November and December as in the past, we need to be in Southern California by October first. This will give us a little less time to make it to North Carolina and back (you know how slow I like to travel). Our alternate trip is to visit the National Parks up through Utah and into Yellowstone. Susan said she would like to see the race at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma California so we may take a detour through Wine Country during the trip. I will have to sit down in the next couple of days and pick the best route to do all this. In the mean time Susan is just enjoying her time with her Mother and Grand Kids. This is also giving me time to get caught up on my fixit list. I only have a few more items left. Unfortunately, as living in a stick house, things always need attention so the list will grow again, but at least I will be caught up for now.

I, for the life of me, do not understand what it was that I liked about living in Southern California. It is very expensive, the weather has been overcast most of the time we have been here and with the influx of Illegal Aliens up from Mexico, It is getting very crowded and I just don’t speak the language any more. I guess I just got spoiled by Lake Havasu where the sun shines almost everyday, things are more affordable and they are doing a good job of keeping the Illegal population at bay.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments about living in California. We are done with it and that's why we are leaving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your move Gabi. We will stop by when we get up your way.

    ReplyDelete