.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ready to travel

We are about ready to travel again. We have got just about everything done here in Southern California. I am ready! We were supposed to only be here a few days and it turned out to be a few weeks. I am trying to keep it from turning into a few months.

I have been helping out the guys around the Elks lodge here in their beautification project. The other day we spread wood chips around the tree bases and planted about 100 new plants. I just don’t understand where all the young guys are. Probably the youngest helper (other than me) was 70 years old and the oldest is 91. I tell you what, I worked side by side with the 91 year old, digging holes and planting plants. He took a few more breaks than I did but didn’t quit until the work was done. Seems the younger generation doesn’t want to get involved anymore. They want to use the facilities but fail to show up when the work needs to get done. I can’t tell you how many times they thanked me for helping out and even gave me a few days free in the RV Park.

I thought we were going to have to move on down the road because a big group came in with more rigs than spaces. The Host here told me I wasn’t moving. She said she has splitters for the water and will double up some of them if needed. I did move down to the end so they can pretty much have the whole park to themselves. Friday they will be leaving and I will take the short drive to the dump station then move back into our favorite site next to the patio here. Hopefully we will only stay through the weekend then head on out. Our plan is to catch the 4th of July fireworks in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment