.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Infant mortality

Infant mortality is a term used to describe a failure in the early stage of a products life. As I mentioned a few days ago, we upgraded our phone and aircard. Everything went well and worked right out of the box. Well until today, that is. Our aircard decided to roll over and die. I tried everything I knew to troubleshoot the problem and hopefully get it working again. No Go. So I called Verizon tech support. These guys are good and they aren’t even from India. Well Patrick ran me through some of the things I already did and a few I didn’t. We finally determined the card was bad. Fortunately the Verizon store is close by so I grabbed the card and headed on down the road. After explaining that Patrick and I determined the card was bad, the Verizon person said Patrick should have ordered me a new card and I would have to wait until it came in the mail. No, I replied. Patrick said to head on over to the store and get a new card. “We don’t have replacements”, she replied. I know you have cards, I just bought this one the other day. Finally she led me over to the service counter where she went back and brought me out a new card. She then asked me if I had the package it came in. I said I just brought the card in and after a few seconds of blank stairs I told her to just take the new card out of the box and exchange it with the old card. Then I asked her if she could test it for me and her answer was they don’t have any way to test it. I took one step back and looked up to make sure it said Service then said, never mind I’ll test it myself. After getting back and inserting the card it would not connect, said it wasn’t authorized. Another call to Verizon Tech. Seems the girl at the Verizon store didn’t remove the old card out of the system and add the new card. Again the Verizon Tech guy knew his stuff. Anyway we got the card working and as you can see we are back online again.

No comments:

Post a Comment