.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Full again

The campground is full again. We had 110 campers come in today. Funny thing though, I thought most would stay through Thanksgiving day but that is not true. I think I counted only 2 that are staying. According to the reservation system the campground will be full but they will be coming and going all week. I guess not everyone can get a whole week off for Thanksgiving. I am glad the guy right next to me is only staying for 2 nights. One of the first things he did when he pulled in was fire up his generator and it hasn’t been off since. Last year we had a group that took up pretty much the whole area down where we are. They were the type that didn’t think the rules pertained to them at all. I heard they might not be here this year.

I was in the right place at the right time again today. I was checking out a beehive in one of the sites when a surfer came up from the beach bleeding from the face. He told me he got hit by his board and needed help. I got on my campground radio and had the lifeguards there within minutes. Turns out the guy was OK, just a good blow to the nose. While waiting for the lifeguards I took a look at his nose, and a look at his surfboard and said, “If it’s any consolation, your board looks worse than your nose.” His board had a pretty good ding in it.

Susan and I passed our test! We both had our physicals and passed with flying colors. I think it has a lot to do with our lifestyle and the fact that we are a bit health conscious and Susan prepares healthy meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment