.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Laid up

Well the storm came and went. Not much of a storm this time. The weather has taken a turn for the better. Although it is still chilly, the sun is shining and there is not a cloud in the sky. This is very aggravating for me because my back is giving my fits. I have had degenerative arthritis of the spine for quite some time and for the most part it is fine. Heck sometimes I don’t even notice it at all, or maybe I just got used to always having a little back pain. Well since the weather was bad all three weekend days, I did nothing but sit inside and cruise the internet. This is the worst thing I could do for my back. Activity seems to keep it limber. Well I woke Sunday morning with a pretty sore back and just happened to flinch just right to send it into spasms. I could barely move all day yesterday. Today is better but I still am moving kind of slow and not making any sudden moves. It should be back to normal, for me, in a couple of days. Fortunately I have been off duty from Saturday and don’t go back on until Tuesday afternoon. I will still be moving a little slow but at least I should be able to make my rounds.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better. Back pain is no day at the beach.

    Couldn't resist it. :)

    Take care.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete