.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kids

I thought I was done with kids. Last night, Reese, our daughter’s dog, decided at 3:00am that she wanted to climb in bed with us. After several attempts to send her away,

I finally got up, took her out to go potty and tucked her back into her own bed where she stayed the rest of the night.
Just like my grandson, Reese can ware you out.

It’s a constant game of fetch, keep away, and tug-a-war with her. She just loves to play.

For the last 3 days I have been detailing the motorhome. I have just about finished the front cap now. That’s right, the front cap is all I have got done in 3 days. Of course I only work on it a couple of hours a day but it is quite a process. I have neglected it for too long and there is a build up if filth that needs to be cleaned away. I start with some black streak remover and clean the whole surface. This pretty much gets rid of filth and leaves a good white surface. Next I go back over it with a good cleaner wax to clean further and leave a good wax coat. After the waxing I go over it all again with a damp sponge then buff it out with a dry towel to get rid of all the wax swirls. After the big surfaces are all done, it’s time for the trim and details including bringing the bright white silicone caulking back to bright white. I even coated the windows with Rain-X. The next 3 days I might tackle the rear cap. The sides are going to be a big job, if I don’t run out of energy by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment