.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

It’s been a while


Well, I guess it’s been a while since I last updated our site. We have been busy. We took our grandson to Knott’s Berry Farm the other day and he wore me out.

At 8 years old, that guy is not afraid of anything. He went on all the roller coasters except the ones that were down for maintenance. There were some that I only went on because of him (didn’t want to look like a chicken in front of the Grandson).

This is a photo of a few coasters entwined with each other.

He got burned out by the end of the day even though he didn’t want to admit it. We just got out of the parking lot when he was out for the night. What a great day.

Well after tearing into the old computer again, I decided it’s time.

So the hunt was on. For what I do I don’t need a super computer so I scouted out a couple of good $300 computers. I ended up with a Toshiba. It’s pretty nice computer although I am having a hard time getting used to the mouse, there is always something. The real pain it the ass is the operating system. Windows Vista is a real piece of crap. I keep loosing icons on my desktop, the scroll feature in iexplore just keeps scrolling and can’t be stopped until it reaches the end of the page, and half the folders are gone or renamed. I haven’t even tried to load my software yet. I am sure I will run into compatibility issues and am not about to buy all new software. If I could I would format the hard drive and put XP on it but I know that will surely give me fits. I let my Grandson loose on the new computer for testing.

I figured if there was a problem he would surely find it. He did find some comparability issues where iexploer had to shut down.

Well I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Your Right Vista is crap.. I'd take it back.. But that is up to you.. I had good luck on Ebay looking for used Company lease Laptops.. They can be had for under 500, The one I got still had 2 years warranty on it.. And just about all lease laptops come with Windows XP Pro.. Great stable system By the way I'm a Dell fan, never had any problem with them... Good Luck to you!! Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clyde8:02 AM

    So, when are we gonna use that old one for target practice? Actually, it looks like you already did...

    P.S.: Make sure your Vista is updated to Service Pack 2. Cures a lot of ills.

    ReplyDelete