.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Gem

We found a gem of a park today. The Ancient Redwood RV Park is right in the middle of the Avenue of The Giants, the famed 30 mile scenic redwood drive. This is a fairly new park. It’s only been open for about 2 years and is still improving.

The price is about $10 less than the others in the area but the owner said that will change once he completes the park. Even if this place weren’t so nice it would still be a good place to stay since the owners are real friendly people.

The park is lined with berries and Landen is just having a ball picking as many as he can. If there is a down side it would be that we have no cell phone coverage here. That includes my internet access however they do have free WiFi here at the park.

We took a tour of the Avenue of The Giants in the motorhome with car in tow today. Not on purpose but as I was looking for this park I went right when I should have gone left. Of course there is no place to turn around until you have seen a good portion of the narrow curvy drive. It really wasn’t all that bad though since it was early enough that there was no traffic so I used my lane and some of the oncoming lane too.

Today was laundry day so we haven’t toured the Avenue yet, except in the motorhome. We have all day tomorrow to do that. We left cold overcast weather and are now in sunny warm clear skies.

So coming back from the Samoa Cookhouse last night, which by the way was real good food as usual, I noticed this little light on the dash of the Saturn.

Check Engine Soon. Well I figured since it says “Soon” and not “Right Now” that I can check it out once we get back to the Elks Lodge we were at. When we got back I pulled out the owner’s manual and also jumped on the internet and they all said it is a malfunction with the emission control system. No big emergency. The car is running fine so I will wait until I get near an auto parts store with a code reader that can tell me which sensor I need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment