.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Analytic

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so analytic. I guess it comes from my engineering background. I have spent days trying to figure out what camera to buy. Most people will just head down to their local Walmart, look at the cameras in their price range and within a few minutes they are walking out with a new camera. I know because I have witnessed this. Today I went to Walmart to do some touchy feely with a couple of cameras that I narrowed it down to while online. Unfortunately someone ripped off the power cord for one of them so I didn’t get a chance to do a real comparison. I thought I had it narrowed down to two cameras until I got home and did a little more research. I found out that if I signed up for an Amazon (Visa) credit card that they will give me $40 off my first purchase. Well that just upped my spending limit by $40. So I started looking into more expensive units. I found one that had one of the best reviews of all the cameras sold on Amazon, even the higher priced ones, and it fit the bill. Now I will have to go back to Walmart and play with it, or it’s equivalent to see if it’s really the one I want.

By the way I did filled out the short form for the Amazon credit card online and was approved within seconds. They have added the card to my Amazon account for immediate use. They said I will get the card in the mail in about two weeks. Man was that easy or what?

1 comment:

  1. Your So funny.... Thanks for being you...

    ReplyDelete