Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Redlands Elks Lodge

We arrived in Redlands today shortly after noon. It doesn’t matter what time of day we run through here, the traffic is always a mess.

At least the snow on the mountain in the background made nice scenery.

We are setup here at the Elks Lodge for the night so we can run the motorhome in to the shop bright and early tomorrow to get new brake calipers. There is a recall on our chassis and it is not going to cost me a cent. I called the shop to make sure they can get us in and out quickly so we can get back to Havasu before the rains start tomorrow. This means we will have to get up and about 5:30a. It is either that or drive back in the rain on Wednesday. I don’t drive in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. 5:30am? The sun ain't even up yet. It will be good for you. There is lots of close shopping by Redlands. It will be nice to have the brake issue over and done with.