.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting kind of tired of this

The second attempt to patch the gas tank has failed. I did an overnight test (like I did the first time) for leaks before putting everything back together. The next morning, it was leaking. I didn’t even get a chance to put it in the cart this time. I have decided that I need to weld it back together. This seems to be the only, and correct way, to fix this thing. I was watching a car show this morning. They were doing a modification on a truck and had to mod the coolant overflow tank. They cut a portion out and welded it back together with a heat gun. Man, they make it look so easy so I decided this is what I will do. Now I found that locating a heat gun is just about as difficult as finding glue that will stick to polypropylene or finding a used gas tank. If I knew for sure I could fix it this way I would spend the $25 for a heat gun. Possibly I will buy the gun and give it a try. If it works, I will keep it and consider it a $25 repair. If it doesn’t work I will take the gun back and get a refund. I would also like to find some filler to add to the joint for added security. I was hoping to use something on hand like a milk jug or plastic water bottle but I found they are made of Polyethylene. It is best to use similar plastics. It’s amazing how much knowledge you can gain on something you will probably never do again.

2 comments:

  1. I.M. just hopin' that y'all don't find out just how much money y'all can spend on somethin' that don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well so far I got $3.30 invested in it. That’s what the Seal-All cost me. The Gorilla Glue I had on hand.

    ReplyDelete