.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

116 degrees today

I started the day working this morning at 8:00a. The temps quickly rose to 100+. My shirt was so soaked the pool guy asked me if I went into the pool with my shirt on. That probably would have been a good idea. I worked until noon at which time it was around 114 degrees. For some strange reason Susan decided to put 2 pots of soup stock on the stove. This raised the inside temp to 90 degrees. The motorhome never recovered from that. We are supposed to get some thunderstorms starting tomorrow evening. This doesn’t mean it will be cool, it’s still going to be over 100 degrees and raining.

Yesterday I took the Saturn Vue into the shop to get the timing belt replaced. I knew it would take about 5 hours to complete so I wasn’t surprised when they didn’t call until 4:00p to say it was done. The ladies I bought the car from were pretty meticulous about the maintenance but for some reason the car was about 20,000 miles over due for the belt change. A broken belt means a destroyed engine so I feel a lot better now that it’s done.

Tomorrow the temp is supposed to be a bit lower. I am going to work again in the morning then I got a 2:00p dentist appointment to get my new crown placed. I have been running around with a plastic temp for 2 weeks now and will be glad to get the real thing. I have been so afraid of knocking it off that I haven eaten on that side. Takes me twice as long to eat that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment