Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Friday, November 30, 2012

$300 remodel job

Our old school picture tube TV is on the fritz so we decided it might be time for a new TV in the motorhome. The problem is, the TV is build into a cabinet and the new flat screens are different dimensions than the old. The solution is a remodel job. So this is what I did.

It took some planning and guts due to wiring and screw holes. The wiring comes from the top of the motorhome down into the bottom portion of the cabinet so I had to hide the wires. Also the upper part of the cabinet was screwed to the wall with A LOT of screws. I managed to use parts of the removed upper cabinet to solve both problems. Oh, the reason this remodel job cost me $300, a new 37 inch flat screen TV (TV is on order. The one in the photo is my outside patio TV).

No comments:

Post a Comment