.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Here we are at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was a lot of work getting here and now the race might not happen because of weather. As mentioned in our previous post, we were heading for Las Vegas over a week ago. We had to make a detour back to Vista California for family matters. We finally got started again on Tuesday and landed last night in Yermo near Barstow California at Peggy Sue’s 50s Diner. The trip was good except for the last 40 miles when the wind started blowing pretty hard. Last night we got dusted out pretty good until I moved to the downwind side of the building. We had dinner at Peggy Sues since they were nice enough to let us spend the night in their parking lot.


Above is a sample of the décor inside the restaurant. Pretty cool place. They have a gift shop also with a lot of nifty fifty stuff. Back on the road this morning it was pretty good traveling until we got to the California Nevada Stateline. The wind was so bad I considered pulling off for a while. I heard things thumping and banging outside the RV. Not sure what it was but I did adjust the passenger’s side mirror so I can keep an eye on the patio awning. I was smart enough to secure it at Peggy Sues as best I could and it held up. After Stateline the winds mellowed a bit. We planed to dump and fill with water at the Flying J’s Truck stop near the racetrack since we will be boondocking through the weekend. When we got there I drove around the place a couple of times before finally going inside and asking where the dump was. It was in the worst location possible and there were 5 other rigs waiting to use it holding up traffic trying to get to the gas pumps. I dropped the toad in the truck lot and got in line. To my disappointment the only water they offered was at the dump station. They say it is good water even though there is a sign saying it is not safe (being at the dump station). While waiting, I happened to look around and found a faucet between a couple of gas pumps. Got to be better than the dump station I thought so I got out my 2 hoses and hooked them together to reach. So while waiting in line to dump I was able to fill the water tank. Finally back on the road, we got to the track. Now being we don’t get mail regularly I elected to be on Will Call. I also had no idea where the RV lot we were in was. I pulled into the nearest lot and of course it was not the right one but they did direct me to the correct one. After waiting in line for about 30 minutes I was informed I have to go back out and drive over to the other side of the track to get my tickets from Will Call before I can enter. Fortunately that was relative painless. Back to the RV lot we went. Wow, No line this time however they could not find our site on their map. Of course not, we are in 639, NOT 693. There is no 693. Another 30 minutes and we were finally able to park it for the weekend. Now we will sit and wait for the wind to stop and the rain and snow, yes they are calling for snow also, begins. Should be an interesting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment