.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Thursday, March 2, 2006

Waist of time and money

Today was one of those days. A waist of time and money day. I decided I needed an accumulator for our water system. An accumulator is supposed to reduce the pulsation of the water pump and reduce the time the pump runs. Also it is supposed to absorb the added pressure of the water as it expands when heated by the water heater. Since my water heater pressure relief valve has always weeped (especially after the water heater has just run) I thought the accumulator would help. I made the trip to Camping World and purchased the accumulator. Of course it does not come with any fittings and there were none in the isle along with the accumulator. I went to Home Depot, No luck. I went to Lowes, no luck. I went to a plumbing store, no luck. I went to a RV supply store, no luck. I went back to Camping World and said since you guys install these things sell me the fittings, no luck..Huh? How do you install these things if you have no fittings? They sent me to the RV dealer across the street. They had them! Well happy at last I headed home to install it. I removed the access panel where the pump is located and found I only had 12”X12” access to the spot where I wanted to install it. After struggling for 1 hour to accomplish a 15 minute job, it was done. But…The accumulator did not solve my problems. The pump doesn’t pulsate but it runs just as much. The Pressure relief valve is still leaking. I’m not a very happy camper right now.

3 comments:

  1. If your pressure relieve valve weeps, it may be bad. You can get a new one a just about any hardware store for just a couple of bucks. Or try opening it fully for a couple of seconds, it could have a peice of dirt in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Tom. I have looked into replacing the valve however it cost a little more than a few bucks. Also the way it is located it looks like a big hassle to get out. I have a feeling that since it has been leaking for some time that there is a build up of calcium that has compounded the problem. I guess I will have to breakdown and replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you've solved your water situation. Your blog is interesting. I recently started a website just to play around with. It's a way of keeping family and friends informed of the going's on for us. Good luck in your travels.

    ReplyDelete