.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Monday, July 10, 2006

San Dimas California

We are now in San Dimas. This is where Bill and Ted lived in the movie Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. Well now it’s part of Dan and Susan’s Excellent Adventure. We are at South Shore RV Park on the shore of Puddingstone Lake which is just around the corner from the Fairplex in Pomona. We have stayed at the KOA across the street from the Fairplex and also on the grounds of the Fairplex several times but never South Shore. This place is pretty nice. You wouldn’t even know you were in the city. We are sitting up on a hill overlooking the lake and have a spectacular view. If it weren’t for the Smog we would have an even better view. The smog is pretty thick today. I tried a different route instead of battling with the major interstates. We cut off I-15 at the 91 and up the 71. Little to no traffic. We avoided the I-60 interchange and I-10 all together.

It didn’t start out so well here at South Shore. First thing was when we drove to our assigned site and found it occupied. Not only was it occupied but also the family showed no intent of leaving with stuff everywhere. The guy was sitting back watching his outdoor TV. I headed back to the office to see what the deal was. Second thing was there was no place to park back at the office so I centered the Motorhome with toad in a parking lot being careful to leave plenty of room for people to get in and out of the spaces. I wasn’t there 1 minute when this guy spouted out, “Hey buddy! You’re blocking my truck”. Well I went around the motorhome to check and just as I thought, the guy was a JERK! I could have got a motorhome out of that spot. I told him he had plenty of room and he responded with, “If I hit your motorhome it’s not my fault”. Well thinking this guy was enough of a jerk to hit it on purpose; I stood and watch as he pulled out with plenty of room to spare. The gal in the office said she would send security out to chase the people out of out site and I could pull into an empty site and wait. An hour later they were gone and we were in. This spot was worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment