.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Winchester Mystery House

I got the car worked on today. I let the Service Advisor talk me out of a Fuel Filter change and into a Throttle Body/Fuel Injector cleaning. He says the Fuel Filter is a 90,000 mile maintenance item and has never seen one need changing sooner but on the other hand the Throttle Body and Fuel Injectors are a 30,000 mile maintenance item. I have 45,000 miles on the Saturn. He seems to think this was the problem after reaching under the hood and manually opening the Throttle Body. He said it felt sticky. I didn’t check it but took his word for it. It has been running fine and hasn’t lost power since that one time. Time will see if this did the trick. I have seen my mileage go steadily from 30 to 21 in the last few months. I need to go fill it up and check the mileage now. If it is back up to 30 I will feel better about the $150 spent. What the heck, it was $25 cheaper than the filter change. While I was there I got a look at their Sky. The Sky is their new 2 seater convertible roadster. Nice car. I asked if I could tow it behind the motorhome and he said not 4 down, has to be on a trailer. That shoots that down.

After the car service we headed over to the Winchester Mystery House. If you have never heard of this, it is a house owned by the widow of the Winchester rifle builder. After his death she went to a psychic that told her to move to California and build a house and never stop. She had carpenters working on the house for 38 years 24 hours a day until her death. All her construction plans came to her during her nightly séances with the spirits so the house is total chaos with stairways leading no were, windows in the floors, and door that open to a blank wall. All this and I left the camera back at the motorhome.

Later today I restrung 2 more of our Day/Night shades. They say these motorhomes are for recreation only and not recommended for fulltime living. Everything seems to be holding up quite well except the shades. I think I have fixed all of them at least once so far. They must have installed the cheapest ones they could find. I am going to have to pick up a bundle of string and eyelets for these things.

The temperature is still over a hundred here and we are looking forward to heading for the coast again. The Elks Lodge that we are at has a nice big swimming pool. I might take advantage of it tomorrow.

I was surprised to find out yesterday that I could still get the Local San Diego Channels on my Direct TV Satellite dish; well we woke this morning to nothing. I had to call Direct TV and have them switch me over to the West Coast feed out of Los Angeles. This I can get all over the country. Every time I do this the people at Direct TV can’t figure out how to do this since I live in an RV. I am always on the phone with them for at least 30 minutes. This time I asked the guy if it is possible to add a note on my account as to how to do this for the next guy, next time. He says he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment