.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Monday, November 27, 2006

And now it’s raining

What a great Thanksgiving. We had friends and family down here at the campground for Thanksgiving. Some camped for the week and some just came to enjoy the feast, friends, and family.

I grilled a big ol’ turkey on the Webber while everyone else pitched in with various dishes.

I went a little hi-tech this time with my digital thermometers and timers and it turned out great.

The whole meal was a big success. The weather couldn’t be better. We had sunny days, cool evenings, and killer sunsets.

At sunset everyone pauses to enjoy, even the surfers.

Our end of the campground opened the beginning of the week and filled up fast. Susan and I had to work through the holiday but the campers were much more behaved than expected. We had our usual regulars that know every trick in the book to stay without paying but I was on top of them this year and kept them in line.

The last evening before everyone went home we all gathered to watch the movie RV. We sure enjoyed everyone’s company.

All is quiet now. Most have gone back to their homes and jobs and we are pretty much alone here again.

Today we woke to rain. It is good timing since it held out until after the holiday. I am glad to see some rain because it will give me an opportunity to wash everything down. We are off duty until Tuesday afternoon so we may dodge the rain. I see the other hosts drive by in the golf cart, which is open to the rain. If it were me, I would be driving our Saturn.

No comments:

Post a Comment