.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Not much going on

Boy, there just hasn’t been much to write about lately. We have just been doing our Campground Host duties and all has been fairly quiet. We both went for our physicals and are both in very good health. I think this lifestyle agrees with us. I do think a little more exercise wouldn’t hurt though. All I do is sit around and polish the motorhome and sit around again. The weather has been a little damper than it was last year, but I think last year was unusually dry. Not necessarily rain but just the usually morning beach weather. I do believe there are a lot more freight trains that come through all night then there were last year. Those freight train engineers love those horns. I think they figure if they have to be up all night than everyone should be too.

I have been doing some maintenance like changing water filters, fixing a few things and sending a few things in for repair. I took the Saturn in for an oil change and of course they tried to talk me into another couple hundred dollars worth of repairs that I feel are unnecessary. I told then “Just change the oil”.

Thanksgiving is coming and we are excited about having friends and family down here for the weekend. They have a couple of sites reserved and will be spending the weekend with us. I will be grilling a turkey in the Weber kettle again this year. That always turns out yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment