Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Not a happy camper

Today was NOT supposed to be windy. Well guess what? The wind is blowing hard and gusting even harder. We are leaving Wednesday for Riverside California. Usually the winds will last about 3 days around here so I was not too concerned at first but since this wind was not predicted I decided to check the weather report. NOAA Weather Service says, “Winds increased this morning as a strong surface pressure gradient developed.” It goes on to say that a strong storm will pass through Tuesday and Wednesday with wind gusts over 60mph. Not good for driving a motorhome. We may have to re-think this. We really don’t have to be there until Thursday since we are taking a “Red-Eye” out of LAX on Thursday night. But NOAA also says the local gusts will continue Thursday into Friday. We might just have to leave the motorhome here and take the car to Riverside.

No comments:

Post a Comment