.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Monday, October 5, 2009

On the move

Tomorrow we will be on the move again. We are heading back over to California for the NASCAR race in Fontana. We usually get there on Tuesday so we won’t have a problem getting a spot for the weekend. Where we stay, they don’t take reservations so by getting there on Tuesday we have never had a problem. This morning I thought I would give them a call since I know some of the people and see if they can save my favorite spot for us. Well it’s a good thing I called since a bunch came in yesterday and there was only one spot open. Even though they don’t take reservations, they will save the spot for me. It’s good to know people.

The last couple of days, it’s been pretty windy here. I was hoping the wind would stop for our travel on Tuesday and it looks like we are in luck. Today is a perfect day and tomorrow is suppose to be the same. The temperatures are dropping here. No more 100+ days. This morning it was 61 when I got up at 7:00a and I hear it was in the high 50s earlier. Our air conditioners are finally getting a break along with our electric bill. It won’t be long before I will be burning the dust out of the furnace.

Speaking of burning, I had to fix our convection oven again yesterday. The fan that circulates the hot air stops working about once a year and I have to partially disassemble the oven to oil it. Susan doesn’t use the gas oven. She cooks everything in the convection so it gets a lot of use and since the fan is basically in the heat the oil gets burned off after a while. I have been oiling it with the same Mobil-1 synthetic oil that I put in the engine. This has worked pretty well. This time however I didn’t have any on hand so I used some regular “Dino” oil I had. That was a mistake. Now when Susan cooks anything in the oven it smells like an old oil burning car. I am hoping it goes away soon or I will have to go in again and clean it out and use the synthetic. From what I can tell, it looks like a major oven removal and disassembly job to go in and replace the fan. And if I did the new one would probably do the same thing.

Well we are pretty much packed up and ready to head out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment