.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A cool day

Well if you can call 100 degrees cool. We woke this morning and actually turned off all the air conditioners. It was only about 79 degrees. I figured this was a good opportunity to pull the shrouds off the air conditioners and clean them out.

Since the rear air has been running non stop for a couple of days and we tend to use this one more, it was the worse. Everything went well and cleaned up real good. I used my shop-vac with a brush attachment and my air compressor and got all the dust out of the evaporators and condensers and cleaned the fans and filters too. We are good to go on the airs for about another year now.

I added some gas to the golf cart tank last night to see if it would hold over night. This morning it was nice and dry. Looks like the patch is holding so far although I just don’t have too much confidence in the glue I used. I installed the tank in the cart, mounted the body and took it out for a ride. I call it my convertible right now since I haven’t added the roof or seat backs yet.

Looks pretty cool.

After I got back from the test drive I looked under the cart for a gas drips. OH NO! No gas but battery acid was dripping on my drive. I did a real dumb thing and I should know better. I cleaned up the battery and topped it off while it was out of the cart. Well I added too much water and since the cart has a high output generator the water was boiling out of the battery. What a mess, and one that is not fun to clean up since it is acid. I got out the box of baking soda and made up a mixture with water and started washing everything down with a paintbrush. I dumped quite a bit of water out of the battery and cleaned that up too. I then took the convertible out for another test drive and everything was good. I found out one good thing though, Iron Out does a good job of cleaning battery acid off the concrete. I have used it for rust stains and it works pretty good. Well so far no gas leaks. I tested a piece of cured glue and the gas didn’t melt it but I think it might eventually break the bond with the tank.

Glue inside tank

Since I was able to draw some glue inside the tank with vacuum I might be OK. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I congratulate you on how you cleaned up the battery acid on your drive. Most others would just hose off the drive and let the acid go down the drain.

    Hopefully your repair will last on your fuel tank also. Gorilla Glue is some amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I would never hose it down the drain. I first neutralized it with baking soda then used the Iron Out to remove the stains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!!
    Have fun
    Donna

    ReplyDelete