Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011


I tore into the cart this morning before it got too hot, however it didn’t take long before the temp climbed to 110 degrees. It actually doesn’t take long to pull the body. I think I had it done within 20 minutes. Landen helped me lift the body off once I got all the bolts our.



After pulling the tank I cleaned it up and sure enough… there was the leak, a crack on the bottom about 8 inches long. Actually it was only leaking from about 2 inches of the crack. Last night I tested a dab of some Gorilla Glue I had on the tank and this morning it looked pretty good and seemed to stick to the tank well. So today I smeared Gorilla Glue down the whole length of the crack. Then I got the bright idea to stick my Shop-Vac in the filler hole and draw a vacuum on the tank in hopes to suck the glue into the crack. I know, Shop-Vac and gasoline doesn’t sound too safe but the tank was clean and dry. This actually worked out pretty well because when I vacuumed the tank it collapsed a bit and really opened up the crack so I was able to add more glue inside the crack.

It looks pretty ugly but, hey, if it works who cares. It’s not visible when installed anyway. After doing a little more research I wish I had used Seal-All instead of Gorilla Glue. Seal-All is more for sealing where as Gorilla Glue is for gluing parts together. Seal-All says it is impervious to gasoline and is good for sealing gas tanks. I have used Seal-All for plumbing leaks and it worked well. Well if the Gorilla Glue starts to leak I will give Seal-All a try next time. If that don’t do it I will get out my soldering iron and try my luck at plastic welding.


  1. Gabi in Montana8:28 PM

    You never cease to amaze me. Is there anything you can't fix???? LOL.

  2. Clyde7:40 AM

    Be careful! Here's what I found through Google:

    Any solvent that breaks down polyurethane will break down Gorilla Glue. Those solvents are:

    Toluene, naptha, denatured alcohol, methyl ethyl ketone, some forms of lacquer thinner and in the most extreme cases gasoline. Any of these things can be purchased at a local hardware store or home center.

    You may want to throw a little gas in it while it's still out of the cart!

  3. I.M. wonderin' if'n yer reeders shouldn't start a pool as to how many different fixes yer gonna try afore y'all gits it fixed, or buys a new tank. Since I.M. come up with the idea I.M. will take 1.

  4. It should probably be more like how long will the fix last.

  5. Clyde,
    That’s because Gorilla glue is Polyurethane.
    I did a test yesterday. I put a piece of dried Gorilla Glue in a little gas to see if it would get soft or dissolve. It didn’t. I also read on the Gorilla Glue website that just about nothing will remove Gorilla Glue once it is cured. I do plan to put some gas in it and let it sit for a day before I put everything back together.