.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Almost too late

Last time we traveled through Yellowstone we had no problem getting reservations at Grizzly RV Park. This time we weren’t so lucky. They are full for the time we plan to be there. This didn’t bother me too much since their price had also gone up more than $10 since the last time we were there. So I started checking around. I think I got lucky. I think I probably got the last spot in town that is suitable for us. Well, at least I think we got a spot. The woman I spoke to on the phone was kind of dingy. She said I did things backward. I was supposed to make a reservation request online and they would call me if I was in. She said now I will have to go online and fill out the reservation request and in the note section state that I already called and made the reservation. She said I will get an instant response via email. I filled out the online request but did not receive a conformation via email. Yes I am worried. If I see nothing in my inbox by tomorrow I will have to call back.

4 comments:

  1. Dan,
    We were in Yellowstone over Labor Day week last year and everything was booked. We stayed at Grizzly for two nights on the way home. It was the only place we didn't have reseverations and I think we got the last site they had available. Even Fishing Bridge was turning people away. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did get a reservation at Rustic Wagon. I have mixed feelings because the reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com say it is a nice park but very tight. At least we have a space and I am sure everything will work out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of luck and have a great time. There are good and bad about having reservations. Good is knowing you have a place to stay. Bad is if while your traveling and you want to take your time and make a side trip you'll loose your spot. Sure would be nice to just Travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabi in Montana7:24 AM

    Well your reservation in Kalispell Montana is safe and secure. We moved your trailer and got your spot all ready for you. You have full hook ups, green grass, awesome views and all for free. Such a deal!!

    ReplyDelete