.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Packed and ready

We are ready to head back to Havasu. We will spend about a week in Havasu before heading out on our summer journey with our Grandson. One reason we need to spend some time in Havasu is because of credit cards. The situation is, our cards expire at he end of this month and we have not received out new cards yet. They always wait until the last couple weeks before sending them out. We can survive without them on this trip but having them will make things a lot easier.

By the way, we did get a new phone yesterday, and it only cost me $16.62. Well actually $66.62 but I got a $50 mail in rebate. What a joke. Why make me mail in for a rebate, just give me the discount right there in the store. The girl that helped us at the store had the personality of a rock! She never smiled, in fact never even looked up at us. She went through all the motions and handed us our phone and sent us on our way. Next time I think I will just do it all on line. I think my computer has more personality than she did.

1 comment:

  1. Gabi in Montana8:06 AM

    Dan, I do all my phone shopping on line with Verizon. You get the rebate instantly and you get your new phone in a couple of days. No charge for shipping either. I only go into the store to check out the phone I am interested in and get some info from the customer service person. I just added both the kids to my account and both phones cost me zero. We don't pay sales tax here in Montana.It's so much easier and a lot less stress. Can't wait to see you guys. Let me know about when to expect you. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete