.

.

Our New House

It was brought to my attention that we haven’t updated our Blog since 2013. Since we have become stagnant and haven’t really traveled for a while I didn’t have much of interest to post. Not that our life isn’t interesting, there just isn’t much RV Travel going on.

Well recently we have turned another page in our lives. We decided since we like our lifestyle so much that buying a house wasn’t in our plans. However we have pretty much outgrown the RV so…

We bought a Park Model home in the same resort where we have lived for the last 11 years in the motor home. If you are not familiar with a Park Model, it is a small 400 square foot manufactured home. Ours however is a bit more than a simple park model. First off ours is set in the ground so it is ground level, then a 200 square foot addition was added making it 600 square foot overall and the whole thing is stuccoed and the roof is tiled. There is also a 117 square foot building on the property, which serves as a laundry room and a shop. This building is attached to the house by a covered patio with outdoor kitchen. Along with the real residential appliances they topped it off with an air conditioner that can turn the house into a meat locker in the 120-degree Arizona summers. You can see more photos by clicking on the link in the left column.

I have added a link to the photos of our house HERE.

So, although we are keeping the motor home, it looks like we are not Fulltimers anymore.

Best wishes to all our readers and I hope your travels are as enjoyable as ours.

I will leave the Blog up because I know others enjoy reading about our travels.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thunderstorms

After a beautiful day yesterday we had a pretty wild Thunderstorm last evening. It just came out of nowhere. This morning when we woke it was still raining and the thunder was still roaring. I thought, this is great, we came all this way and won’t be able to see the park. As sudden as it all came, it disappeared and the rest of the day was great, temps in the mid 70 and light clouds. At one point we were standing next to the car getting sprinkled on but there were no clouds in the sky. Couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Well as I write this at 7:20p the thunder, lightning and big raindrops are back. As long as it is only at night and the days are good we are fine with that.





As I woke this morning and thought to my self, I don’t need to get up right away today and I don’t have to drive the motorhome for 3 hours today, so I just laid there and relaxed. Well I was wrong. We headed into Yellowstone today and I put 125 miles on the car. Seems like I drove for 6 hours, and we didn’t even see a fraction of it. We only did about half the lower loop. All the way into the park Landen was saying, where are all the animals. Then finally we started seeing them and all he could say was Whoa! We didn’t see any bear today but I think you have to hike some of the trails to see them. Tomorrow we are heading back in to see more if this thunderstorm will let us.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous....we just love Yellowstone!! Glad you are enjoying it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabi in Montana11:13 AM

    The weather your describing is very normal for Montana. Just wait 5 minutes and it changes. We have had great weather here until today. Chance of rain and thunderstorms. But when you get here on Sunday it is going to be all clear and in the upper 70's. You picked a good time to visit. By the way, love the pics of the wildlife and Landen too. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete